Three Horizon 2020 consortia will present the latest work on implementing New Approach Methodologies (NAMs) for chemical risk assessment during the ASPIS 2nd Open Symposium.
The event will be the satellite activity of the 21st International Congress of the European Society of Toxicology In Vitro (ESTIV 2022), a bi-annual appointment that creates a forum of scientists in a unique atmosphere for discussions and knowledge exchange focusing on the development of in vitro and in silico approaches.
Objectives of the ASPIS 2ndOpen Symposium 2022 include:
- highlighting the relevant technologies for improving chemical safety assessment and the regulation of hazardous substances
- increasing confidence in the use of NAMs and broadly promoting their applications for effective risk management
- identifying barriers and providing solutions for the reduction, refinement and replacement of animal testing (the 3Rs principle)
- promoting early career researchers and creating a network of next-generation decision-makers
- facilitating communication among ASPIS and international stakeholders
Do not miss this unique opportunity and register for the ASPIS 2nd Open Symposium. The event is open to the public and free of charge.
Three consortia (ONTOX, PrecisionTox and RISK-HUNT3R) funded under the Horizon 2020, the EU’s research and innovation programme, formed the ASPIS cluster as a collaboration that will bring Europe towards the sustainable, animal-free and reliable chemical risk assessment of tomorrow. This joint effort officially started at the ASPIS cluster kick-off meeting on November 4.